Saturday 15 September 2012

Outings in a Typhoon..

The 3 hottest exchange students WAAPA could find... bar none.




Today it rained continuously from 7am till about 2pm. Amy and I spent the morning making our dorm room feel more like home. At one point I was sitting on the floor folding some clothes with the rain absolutely pouring outside! I thought at the time that I was hearing things because I could have sworn that I heard a whipper snipper, but who the hell would be cutting the grass in a bloody typhoon?!

THIS GUY!
(don't be deceived by the sunshine. It was bucketing down)


Grace took the three of us out shopping and exploring in Danshui.
There were so many food stalls selling some interesting looking things that Grace eagerly encouraged us to try, but none of us were quite ready to dive right into Taiwanese street food just yet.



We tasted some of the traditional cakes and sweets of Taiwan though! They were pretty good :)




















And some Bubble Tea. I went with a really plain option, Black tea with lemon no Ice and 0 sugar (of course). I thought it was delicious, but Mitch struggled with the amount of fresh lemon.  


Grace took us to a small restaurant when she gave up on getting us to eat the street food delicacies :)  Although I wasnt all that keen when I saw these on the menu.....



 The loveliest girl Grace. Our tour guide, translator, and saviour! We would be so lost without her!




This one is for mom....
If I ever find where they sell these I will get you one for the shop.
The OPEN side of the sign reads..

And the CLOSED side of the sign says this.. 





No comments:

Post a Comment