Sunday 23 September 2012

Confuscius Say.



Went on a trip to the Confuscius Temple today. We were promised a specially organised English tour, but that turned out to be a bit of false advertising. The tour guides english was broken at best. But the Temple itself was very pretty :)

The ceilings where beautifully decorated! I have so many photos but I will put them up on facebook eventually. There were little squirrels in the trees! This really excited all of us from Australia, but the Americans were not impressed. Apparently they're a menace? How ridiculous. They're way too cute. 





The tiniest Asian Squater I've ever seen! When standing, this little thing barely reached my knee caps. She just snuck up behind us and squatted down to say hello! (I saw she snuck up, but her shoes actually made an audible squeak every time she took a step. Gwyn thinks they might have been a way of encouraging her to walk when she is first learning. CUTE!

Babes. I thought it was about time I started to get photos of Us on exchange and not just the places we see. 
Ash, Amy, Gwyn, Marian, Eve. 

After a hard afternoon of taking trains and walking through temples we crossed the road to Milkhouse bakery for some refreshments. The Taiwanese are surprisingly good at their breads, buns, cakes and pastries! And the bakery smelt heavenly.
All the bread and buns are quite sweet though, even the sandwich ones. (so i've been told, I didnt actually try any)




No comments:

Post a Comment