Saturday 8 September 2012

At the beginning.


I am writing this first blog entry as I sit on the plane to Melbourne. (In my window seat of course) As many of you may know, I am not the greatest of flyers and have tried everything from severe lack of sleep to an entire bottle of Merlot to try and make it on to a flight. (and occasionally a combination of the two.) The drugs that I am currently on though have worked a bloody treat and I can happily say that my heart rate is not 140bpm like it usually is, but a normal 70bpm, and I am enjoying the view of the ocean from my window seat :) (snaps for modern medicine) 




The reality that I was going overseas to study at TNUA didn't really sink in until last night when we were taking our final curtain call for student works season. After weeks of classes, rehearsals, performances and frantic organising I had nothing more to do than to look forward to the experience. 

I tried to get this little guy to come with… but I thought I'd better leave him to look after his mom. Tess, Louise, these photos are for you two. 




In true Hinton fashion I finished packing in the early hours of this morning and arrived at the airport with about a minute to spare before boarding and almost definitely a speeding fine. 

Ted you'll be proud of this one!  23KGS ON THE BLOODY DOT. Although I fully anticipate to be shipping back about double that amount when I finish my exchange :) 



I appear to be the only one on this plane who is not heading over for the footy finals, my entire plane is dressed in purple. The guy sitting next to me quickly realised that I care nothing for football. (Ciara I'm sure you can picture my reaction when he asked me if I was excited for the game).   

So here it goes....tThe first leg of my big adventure! We are about to start our descent into Melbourne :) It has been about 19 months since I left Melbourne to come to WAAPA and I am beyond excited to be going back for a visit! 

1 comment: